Rice University Logo
Rice University Logo
Glasscock School of Continuing Studies

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the admissions process? Our courses operate on an open-enrollment basis except for the Leadership Institute for Nonprofit Executives (LINE), Comprehensive Fund Development and the Nonprofit Finance Certificate, which have pre-requisites and an application process.

2. How do I register for a course? There are multiple ways to register for a course. You can register on the Web by clicking on a specific course and following the instructions. You can register by phone by calling 713-348-4803 during normal business hours (8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.). You can register in person at the Glasscock School of Continuing Studies during normal business hours. See "Anderson-Clarke Center" on the Rice campus map.

NOTE: We have a new online registration system to better serve you. To register for a course on the Web, you will need to login to create a new customer account. Go to glasscock.rice.edu/registrationhelp for details.

3. How do I pay for a course? There are multiple ways to pay for a course. If you want to register on the Web, you will be required to pay for your course on the Web. You can pay with a credit card over the phone by calling 713-348-4803, or you can pay in person at the Glasscock School of Continuing Studies (see "Anderson-Clarke Center" on the Rice campus map) during normal business hours. Please note that checks submitted to Rice University for payment may be converted into an electronic fund transfer from your account. You can mail a check (be sure to include the course number in the “notes” section) to:

Rice University
Glasscock School of Continuing Studies – MS 550
Attn: Course Payment
6100 Main Street
Houston, TX 77005

4. What is the refund policy? See the Glasscock School's policy page for details. 

5. Is financial aid available? There is limited tuition assistance. Please refer to the Tuition Assistance page for more details.

6. Do I need any supplies or textbooks for my course? Course tuition includes all supplies and/or textbooks that you will need for your course.

7. How do I find the building where my course meets? You will receive an enrollment acknowledgment through postal mail when your registration is processed. This acknowledgement will include course and parking details. If you register on the Web, your schedule and classroom location will be available on your online account under “My History/My Class Schedule.” If it is not available right away, please continue to check back. If you register close to the start of the course, you should contact Shannon Raffetto at 713-348-6009 for parking and location details. See the Rice campus map.

8. Where do I park for my course? You will receive parking information in your enrollment acknowledgment (See Question #7). Applicable parking cards and/or hangtags will be issued in class.

9. Can I transfer my CPNL course(s) to a degree program? At this time, all of our courses are for non-academic credit; therefore, they cannot be transferred to a degree program.

10. Can I audit a course? CPNL courses are not eligible for audit. Registration is required for all CPNL courses and certificate programs.

11. Do CPNL courses count toward the education requirement for Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification? Where can I obtain more information about obtaining CFRE certification? CPNL courses can count toward the education requirement for CFRE certification. We are currently in the approval process with CFRE International, to secure pre-approved CFRE credit for courses taught at CPNL. More information on CFRE certification can be obtained from CFRE International.

12. How do I request a course catalog?An up-to-date listing of CPNL courses will always be on the Web. If you would like to view other Glasscock School of Continuing Studies  courses, please visit the glasscock.rice.edu.