Fundraising Operations Certificate
The complex nature of development requires fundraisers and executives to recognize the importance of fundraising operations to achieve continued success. The Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership engaged a task force of twelve professionals with direct fundraising operations experiences to create specific courses and a unique certificate program to address these needs.
The Fundraising Operations Certificate program consists of six online courses and a Capstone course. These courses and Capstone will provide you with a solid understanding of fundraising operations functions and assist you in professionalizing your role and team within the organization.
The six courses may be completed in the spring semester prior to applying for the Capstone course in the fall. Please visit the Fundraising Operations Courses page for more details on course dates and the Capstone page for more information on Capstone requirements.
If you are interested in pursuing the certificate you will complete all six courses and apply for the capstone. Please note that you may take any of the six online operations courses to advance your skill set without committing to the full certificate. Download a flyer.
Who Should Apply:
- Professionals who work in operations roles for nonprofit organizations
- Professional staff within a nonprofit organization seeking to advance in their careers
By completing the individual classes as part of the certificate program, you will have the opportunity:
- To understand how prospect management effectively works with gift officers and best practices in reporting and utilizing information for decision support
- To gain awareness of the strategies, techniques, and tools of the analytics professional and learn basic data analytics techniques that can be incorporated into any organization.
- To learn the essentials of database management and data integrity by utilizing ethical prospect research, analysis and reporting
In the Capstone course you will focus on management issues and fundraising operations specialties. As part of the Capstone you will work with an assigned mentor to complete a practicum project which may directly benefit your organization.
Program Completion Requirements:
Once you have successfully completed all six fundraising operations courses, you may apply for the Capstone course. The Capstone Course includes a total of twelve hours of additional content presented through three class sessions and a final class session that provides the opportunity for you to present your practicum project to the lead instructor, fellow cohort participants and your mentor. The practicum project is an individual strategic project that requires you to submit a written paper and presentation. Please visit the Capstone page for more details regarding the class sessions and practicum.
Early Application Deadline: July 7, 2017
General Application Deadline: August 11, 2017
You have 5 years from the time you complete the first course to finish all six classes and apply for the Capstone. Please visit the How to Apply page for more detailed information on the application process.
- Individual course pricing: $275 (discounts available for AASP, APRA and AFP members)
- Capstone course pricing: $1,695 (discounts available for AASP, APRA and AFP members)
Please visit the Financial Information page for more details on the discounts available and payment plan options for the Capstone.